Do you find yourself counting sheep, tossing and turning, unable to unwind at the end of the day? You’re not alone. Findings from recent Sleep in America polls tell us that one-third of parents and two-thirds of older Americans have trouble sleeping — contributing to a number of health issues.
According to Maharishi Ayurveda, stress, frustration, heavy food and sensory overload are the culprits. If you’re worried or agitated before bed, your mind stays connected to the senses, keeping them active. That’s when you have trouble falling asleep — or if you do, your sleep is light and restless. It’s when your mind is relaxed, and disconnects from the senses, that sleep is sound and deep.
The herbs in the Blissful Sleep formula produce a calming, balancing effect on the body, mind and emotions. You’ll find sleep becoming deeper and more restful. And you’ll wake up recharged, vitally alive, ready to take on the challenges of the day ahead.
Tips for Falling Asleep Naturally
According to Maharishi Ayurveda, trouble falling asleep is associated with an imbalance in the mind-body principle called Vata, which is light, moving and quick. These tips help balance Vata and help create the mental and physical relaxation necessary for deep sleep.
- To balance Vata and calm your mind, favor sweet, sour, and salty foods. Include plenty of soups and sweet, juicy fruits in your diet. Try flavoring your food with fresh lemon or lime juice.
- Use ghee in your cooking to balance the light, restless, moving qualities of Vata.
- Flavor your food with spices such as basil, rosemary, cilantro, parsley, cardamom and nutmeg. Use only enough salt for flavor on your food.
- Eat three warm, freshly-cooked meals at the same time every day.
- Go to bed before 10:00 p.m. and rise by 6:00 a.m.
- Avoid rushed work hurriedly done.
- Do not skip your evening meals.
- Exercise daily to help the quality of your sleep
“Using the Blissful Sleep tablets, my patients get deeper and longer sleep and wake up feeling more rested. They usually get positive results within days. I highly recommend this product!” ~ T.M., D.C.
This formula includes:
- Traditional ayurvedic sleep aids
- Herbs to support a healthy resistance to stress
- Herbs to balance the mind and nervous system
Wake up recharged and ready to take on the challenges of the day with Blissful Sleep.
Cabbage rose (flower petal), Indian valerian (rhizome) extract, Ashwagandha (root), Jatamansi (rhizome), Dwarf morning glory (whole plant), Indian tinospora (stem’s starch), Licorice (root), Long pepper (fruit), Pepper (fruit), Ginger (rhizome), Pearl. Other ingredients, from natural sources: Gum acacia, Talcum.