Calcium Support supplies your body with over 600 mg. of bioavailable calcium a day from an organic mineral—the coral growing in the pure ocean.
Make the Most of Your Calcium Intake
You probably know how important it is to take calcium supplements during midlife, when women can lose 30% of their bone mass. But did you also know that low calcium intake is associated with a number of health issues? Or that drinking milk and taking lots of calcium supplements doesn’t guarantee that the calcium is actually reaching your bones?
According to Maharishi Ayurveda, it’s not enough to take calcium supplements. You also need to be able to absorb and assimilate the calcium. That’s why Calcium Support supplies your body with over 600 mg. of bioavailable calcium a day — and at the same time supports your body’s ability to absorb calcium from supplements and the foods you eat.
This traditional ayurvedic formula contains a nondairy source of calcium — minerals derived from coral reefs, which are organic in composition. Coral is not only a pure, vegetarian source of calcium, it is more easily absorbed than calcium supplements made from inorganic minerals.
Using traditional ayurvedic methods, the coral is meticulously processed in the juices and decoctions of herbs, which support the absorption of both herbs and calcium. Take Calcium Support to help ensure the calcium you take is doing the job you intended — promoting healthy bones, nails, teeth and hair.
Tips for Promoting Healthy Calcium Absorption
- Eat foods that are easy for the body to digest.
- Eat the biggest meal at mid-day, when the digestive fire is strongest.
- Avoid caffeine and refined carbohydrates such as sugar.
- Avoid cold or iced drinks, which decrease the digestive fire.
- Do a daily warm oil massage (abhyanga). It helps enhance digestion and flush away impurities, and is traditionally known to stimulate bone growth.
- Go to bed by 10 p.m. so your body is at rest during its natural purification cycle from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Eat plenty of foods that are high in calcium, such as sesame seeds, green leafy vegetables, walnuts, coconut and coconut milk. Warm whole milk is also an excellent calcium-booster, but choose unhomogenized milk for greater absorption. To enhance digestion, drink your milk separate from meals.
- Avoid vegetables from the nightshade family, including eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes, and yellow, red and green sweet peppers.
Pearl oyster shell, Amla (fruit rind) extract, Coral, Conch shell, Cowrie shell, Shatavari (root), Lime (dried fruit juice), Pearl, Indian tinospora (stem’s starch), Phyllanthus (whole plant) extract, Hemidesmus indicus (root) extract, Heart-leaf sida (whole plant) extract. Other ingredients, from natural sources: Gum acacia, Magnesium stearate, Talcum.
Amount per serving: 653mg