Are you one of those people who simply cannot sleep well? Is your sleep shallow and restless? Do you wake up for hours in the night, unable to fall back asleep?
More than 125 million Americans report that they wake up feeling exhausted. Researchers have identified lack of deep sleep as a cause of serious disorders ranging from diabetes to depression. Loss of sleep takes a huge toll on the job and at home. And sleep problems tend to get worse, not better, with age.
Try Deep Rest to support sleeping deeply through the night. This herbal formula is especially targeted for those who have difficulty staying asleep, waking up in the middle of the night. But it also helps those who have difficulty falling asleep and those who awaken early in the morning after less than six hours of sleep. The herbs in Deep Rest help you to sleep deeply throughout the night — and wake up feeling refreshed, ready to take on the day
Tips for Sleeping Through the Night
- Use Slumber Time Therapeutic Aroma or other mind-settling aroma oils or music to calm your mind and body before bed.
- Exercise daily to help promote deep sleep, but avoid exercising 1-2 hours before going to bed.
- Give yourself a warm aroma oil massage (abhyanga) and a warm bath right before bed.
- Avoid eating large meals and heavy, oily food before bedtime.
- Avoid eating spicy foods.
- Eat more sweet, juicy fruits, semi-liquid foods and unctuous foods.
- Avoid lengthy fasting and skipping of meals.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks, as these may also disturb your night’s sleep.
- Avoid caffeine in your diet (found in coffee, tea, cocoa, and sodas), especially in the afternoon or evening.
- Make sure you have a comfortable bed. Your bedroom should be well-ventilated, cool, and as dark and quiet as possible.
- Eat enough dinner so you don’t wake up hungry.
- Try drinking a milk-date or mango shake a few hours before bed to reduce the mind-body principle known as Pitta.
- Before bed, massage your feet with Cool Sensation Massage Oil.
- Drink a cup of soothing herbal tea before bed. Try Vata Tea, Pitta Tea or Slumber Time Tea.
- If you wake up in the night, have a snack of 1/2 cup of warm milk with 1 teaspoon Organic Rose Petal Spread.
- Stop working or reading in your bed. Reserve your bed for sleep.
cabbage rose (flower petal), amla (whole fruit without seeds), dwarf morning glory (whole plant), indian valerian (rhizome), jatamansi (rhizome), heart-leaf sida (root), arjuna (bark), marshmallow (flower), ashwagandha (root), shatavari (root), licorice (root), indian tinospora (stem’s starch), pearl, mica, clove (flower bud), cardamom (fruit), cinnamon (bark), long pepper (fruit), ginger (rhizome), pepper (fruit). Other ingredients, from natural sources: gum acacia, talcum.
Amount per serving: 957mg