Nutritional Support for Your Liver
Skin issues, digestive problems, fatigue, and many more ailments all start in the liver. Yet when was the last time you did something to keep your liver healthy? This silent giant has a multitude of important roles to play — digesting, metabolizing and manufacturing essential compounds. No wonder it’s called the engine of the body.
But that’s not all. Your liver is responsible for converting clear plasma to blood, and for screening toxins — an increasingly important role in our chemical-laden world.
And it’s the key to balanced cholesterol production — secreting bile, using it to break down and digest fatty acids to synthesize cholesterol and proteins. Your liver maintains normal energy levels by converting sugar into glycogen and storing it for use by the muscles. Finally, your liver is the place your body stores valuable trace elements such as iron, copper and Vitamins A, D and B12.
Because so many essential bodily functions rest on the liver, Maharishi Ayurveda provides recommendations for diet, daily routine and herbal formulas to support its healthy functioning. The Liver Balance formula supports the cleansing of the liver and its microchannels to flush out undigested impurities, thus clearing the path for vital nutrients to reach the liver. It also promotes the first step of digestion, which involves breaking down food in the stomach and small intestine. By keeping your liver healthy, you can enjoy mental and physical energy, clear skin, and a healthy natural immunity.
Tips for Keeping Your Liver Healthy
- Avoid exposure to cigarette smoke, alcohol, drugs, chemicals, and other forms of pollution.
- Eat fresh, organically-grown fruits, vegetables, dairy products and grains. Avoid eating foods that are old or contain preservatives and chemicals — leftovers, fermented foods, canned foods, frozen foods and packaged foods — as these overload the liver, making it difficult to effectively screen out toxins before they reach the blood. Avoid eating genetically-modified foods.
- Don’t skip or delay meals.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your body and flush out toxins.
- Avoid hot, spicy foods and hot drinks.
- Eat sweet, juicy fruits daily.
- Use monounsaturated fats in cooking, such as extra virgin olive oil, organic canola oil or sesame oil.
Give your liver the nutritional support it needs
No one can dispute the importance of maintaining a strong, healthy liver for its ability to help metabolize food into new body tissue and cells — and this important organ acts as a filtering system for toxins, chemicals and other impurities. Liver Balance helps:
- Promote the cleansing of the liver to flush out undigested impurities
- Clear channels for toxins to flow out
- Support digestion by enhancing the five metabolic functions of the liver
- Promote the production of healthy blood cells, bile and nutritional fluids
Phyllanthus, Indian Tinospora, Cane Sugar, Boerhavia, Holy Basil, Hemidesmus Indicus, Amla, Pepper, Ginger, Long Pepper, Licorice, Red Saunders, Sandalwood, Imperata, Turmeric, Picrorhiza, Neem, Pearl, Indian Madder