Organic Kapha Churna Stimulating Spice Mix
Add flavor and balance with spices
Spices are not just great flavor-enhancers, they come with therapeutic properties as well. Our Organic Churnas are precise blends of spices and seasonings that include all six ayurvedic tastes. Sauté the Churna in ghee and add to your dishes, add some to soups, stews and sauces as they’re cooking or sprinkle over prepared vegetables or rice at the table. Convenient, and mouth-wateringly delicious!
Stimulating Organic Kapha Churna is a zesty blend of Ginger, Pepper, Coriander and other spices.
The exotic colors and heady aromas of spices can elevate an ordinary dish into a sublime feast for the sense of sight, smell and taste. What’s more, most spices also come with therapeutic properties, so every meal that includes spices can become an experience in enhancing health and well-being. ayurveda, the ancient system of healing from India, has been singing the praises of spices as “wonder-foods” for thousands of years. Spices are ingredients in many synergistic Ayurvedic herbal formulations, and an ayurvedic expert, when giving you advice, is as likely to recommend specific spices to include in your diet as to suggest herbal supplements for you to take.
- Organic dried ground ginger is a warming spice, contributing the pungent taste. It helps pacify Vata and Kapha and increases Pitta.
- Organic black pepper is considered an important healing spice in ayurveda. It has cleansing and antioxidant properties, and it is a bioavailability enhancer — it helps transport the benefits of other herbs to the different parts of the body. It helps the free flow of oxygen to the brain, helps enhance digestion and circulation and stimulates the appetite.
- Organic coriander is a tridoshic spice highly appreciated in ayurveda. It is a cooling spice and contributes the sweet and astringent tastes. Ayurvedic texts suggest that it is good for digestion, whets the appetite, promotes a healthy response to allergens and also helps purify the blood.
- Organic turmeric is ubiquitous in ayurvedic cooking. It contains the flavanoid curcumin. This all-around wonder spice is said to help detoxify the liver, help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, promote a healthy response to allergens, stimulate digestion, and support immunity and the complexion. It is also an antioxidant.
- Organic cinnamon bark is often used in ayurvedic herbal preparations to enhance the bio-availability of other herbs. It is a warming spice, and contributes the sweet, pungent and bitter tastes. It is excellent for pacifying Kapha and good for balancing Vata also. Individuals trying to balance Pitta can also consume cinnamon, but in relatively smaller quantities.
Organic ginger, organic black pepper, organic coriander, organic raw cane sugar, organic turmeric, salt and organic cinnamon